We’re getting our act together to begin a two week Alaska adventure next weekend. Never having explored there before, we’re seeking some advice and recommendations. Many of you have already been — so dig deep into that gray matter (will be a good exercise for you too) and see if you can come up with memories you’d care to share to help make our journey even more fulfilling. Here’s our basic itinerary:
- Vancouver (Saturday and half of Sunday)
- Cruising the inside passage north-bound (via Holland America) to Seward with stops at:
- Glacier Bay
- Cruising Kenai Fjords
- Seward to Anchorage on Alaska Dome Railway
- Driving to Talkeetna
- Driving to Grand Denali Lodge (2-days there)
- Kantishna Wilderness Trails Tour
- Driving back to Anchorage
We’ll be on boat and foot for the first week and driving the second. With that in mind, in what good sites, hikes and eats should we partake?
Give us a hand…and join us as we post when and where we can. See you next week.
Joel & Marsha
Don’t miss Talkeetna Roadhouse for eats. If you are taking a plane to glacier landing, K-2 Aviation was great also out of Talkeetna. Good museum in Anchorage. Enjoy!